This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

This is the first book that I am reviewing.  Let's start by saying I don't particularly like fantasy.  I'd rather read books about stuff that is or could be real.  Yet I felt inclined to take it out of my book bag the other day when it was the only book I had left to read.  It was evening when I started, and I read late into the night.  If I hadn't been so tired, I would have read it all it one night.
It totally exceeded my expectations.  The book grabbed me and took me right into Hogwarts.  I loved the humor and the irony (when Harry shows of his broom skills by flying to the tree and gets to play quidditch), as well as the suspense.  I found myself thinking that Hermoine should be Harry's friend right away, and was glad when she became that.  J.K. Rowling is a literary genius.  I already checked out books two and three of the Harry Potter series.


I give it 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Yup! Harry Potter is the kind of book that gets attention, whether you like fantasy or not. Consider yourself lucky to be reading it now. When I started reading the series, the last book had not come out yet, and I had to wait months to find out what happened!

    ReplyDelete