This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

To All The Boys I've Loved Before

To All The Boys I've Loved Before
Jenny Han
I give it 5 Stars

This book was really good.  Most love stories, in my opinion, have the same plot.  It goes: protagonist meets the love interest, something happens to get them to like them, rough time having love interest feel the same way, and then they fall in love and live happily ever after.  However, this book has a refreshingly fresh story.  Lara Jean is sixteen and living an ordinary life.  One day however, the secret love letters she has written for boys she liked since she was little get sent out.  These letters are not really love letters, but letters for when she doesn't like them anymore.  Now Lara Jean is stuck getting weird confrontations by most of those five guys.  To let it make sense, she fakes dating one of the most popular boys in school, while having a sort of crush of her neighbor.  How will things turn out for Lara Jean? 
Another good aspect of this book is the not fully American character.  It gives the story a more realistic element.  Jenny Han writes with such realism.  All the characters have special traits, and the plot is unique.  I would even recommend this book to non-romance readers because it isn't your average romance story!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the rec. I'm going to go check it out. Always looking for fun, unique stories.

    ReplyDelete