This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Paper Towns Movie

   I know I don't usually review movies, but since I read this book I figured it would be fun.  This movie was really good.  I went to see it in theaters with my family, and was overall impressed.  It was as good as the book, but there were a couple flaws.  The first flaw was the language.  It was fine when I could skip the words when I read, but it is more noticeable in the movie and not really kid friendly.  The sexual content was also a little more than the book, with an added scene.  But the rest was good.  I especially liked the casting choices.  Nat Wolff was a great Q, and it was nice to see his transition from TFOIS (The Fault In Our Stars), to this.  He was Isaac, the blind boy who was Gus' (Ansel Elgort) best friend in the other movie.  That being the case, it was interesting to see the scene where Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff meet (again) in the gas station.  Any TFOIS fan like me probably thought that was neat.  Cara Delevingne has been criticized for her performance in this movie.  I think the model turned actor did a great job portraying her course, unsure of who she was character.  She was just crude enough and gave a interpretation like I thought Margo was.  This movie takes out many on the search scenes to make it more fast paced.  My favorite thing about the movie was the comedy.  The audience were almost all laughing in some of the comedy scenes (such as the Ben pee incident on the road trip).  I think this movie shows a new look to the book, and it was awesome.  The bit of everything in this book worked well.  I would give it 4.5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment