This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Heir

THIS BOOK WAS GIVEN TO ME IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.

  The Heir by Lynne Stringer is a pretty good book .  It is the first book in the Verindon series.  I was surprised at how interesting alien and other planet science fiction can be.  I'd only read science fiction books with different time periods all on earth before.  This takes place of both earth and another planet.  I give it 3.5 stars.
   Sarah is just an average high school girl living with her divorced dad while going to a private school .  She goes to live with a friend named Dan when tragedy strikes.  But he is acting extremely strange.  Is something up?
I really liked the romance in this story.  Sarah is crushing on Dan, but she doesn't think that he likes her.  Yet the romance is kept down because of the suspense.  It is also written in first person, which really fits this book.  One reason for the rating being a little lower is that it isn't exactly my type of book.  I like science fiction, but not as much as realistic fiction.  The writing style was really good.  There were really vivid descriptions.  It is also filled with all sorts of figurative language.  The characters are kind of confusing.  They had depth though,  and I felt like I knew them.  One of my favorite parts was the way the plot was laid out.  It always keeps you wanting more because it has surprise turns.  The story was a unique one.  I mean, who doesn't like books that keeps you guessing with a bit of everything in it.  It had romance, realistic high school life, tragedy, mystery, and science fiction.  The new planet (Verindon) was completely interesting. I liked the rainbow and color accent.  Overall, this was a neat book.  If you like alien books with a female protagonist, this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment