This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

United We Spy

   United We Spy by Ally Carter is the 6th and final book in the Gallagher Girls series.  It focuses of a girl named Cameron (Cammie) Morgan.  Since her mom owns it, she lives in Gallagher Academy with her friends.  Gallagher Academy is really a school for spies.  In this book, it is Cammie's senior year.  She tries to chase down the Circle Of Cavan with her friends, trying to save the world from WW III.  Will everything end happily?
   I have kind of been dragging myself through this series.  The writing style is good; I am just a person who gets easily scared.  These books certainly give me the creeps.  Yet they keep me hooked.  In a strange way, I can relate to Cammie and her friends.  The are facing big problems, yet they are just teens at heart.  Unlike some books, the kids aren't even close to perfect.  They act real and don't act wiser than their years.  The spy part teaches you about technology and that the world isn't perfect.   You also learn about geography when they travel.  I really don't know how to classify this series.  It isn't really realistic fiction, and only a little science fiction.  It is also mystery, suspense, and maybe horror.  All the characters were really thought out, and my favorite part was that, realistically, people are really complex and change.  Despite the Disney label on it, this isn't really for Disney watchers.  I give it 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment