This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Review: Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood

Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Just to warn you, I might criticize this book a little more than I usually would. I think I have read too many bad reviews on this book. THERE ALSO WILL BE SPOILERS!
This is the third summer of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. It again revolves around Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget. They just graduated from high school, and are enjoying their last summer together. But there are big surprises in store for each girl. Bridget is back at the soccer camp, this time as a counselor. She finds out there that her old crush, Eric, is again a counselor. Carmen is working for Lena's grandma, and that doesn't go very well. Carmen also gets a big shock when she finds out that her mom is going to have a baby. Tibby is living a boring life working at the movie theater. Her little sister gets hurt as well. And Lena is having trouble trying to stay away from her grandma, and convincing her dad that she wants to be an artist.
Overall, it was an OK read. However, if I were Ann Brashares, I would have ended the series with this book. Before going on Goodreads to review this, I thought it WAS the last book in the series. It sure sounded like it was going to be. The characters still act like little kids, more like 14 than 18. This book didn't really have a plot. It just followed the character, which isn't really my type of book. It was also kind of unrealistic. I mean, how does Lena get the art scholarship if her parents have enough money to pay for it. She also gets her application in at the last minute. I used to think Tibby was the most interesting character, but she was too cliché in this book. Carmen acts like a five year old when she finds out her mom is having another kid, but of course she comes through in the end. I mean, she shouldn't let that affect which college she goes to. Don't worry, I don't have quite as many complaints about Bridget. She was my favorite in this book, even with her love life. She actually acts eighteen and is more mature than in the first and second books.
The pants weren't as big of a deal in this book. They were just there. I do get the point Ann Brashares was trying to make about going off to college. It is a big deal, and it could be the end of the group's friendship. There were some more mature scenes in this book, and a more dramatic ending. I know I haven't read as much because I've been busy, but this book dragged out and took a while to finish. There also were some sweet spots were I realized why I liked these books so much. All in all, this book could have been so much better, yet it still was an okay book. I am not sure whether or not I will read the fourth book or not.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment