This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Review: So Not Happening

So Not Happening So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sorry I haven't reviewed in a while. School just started and I've had a hard time finding time to read, let alone to review the books when I am done. But here I am, so I am going to review the book, So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones. I do not remember how I found out about this book, but it is so much more than I expected.

Goodreads Blurb (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...)

New York's social darling just woke up in a nightmare: Oklahoma. Problem is, it's right where God wants her.
Bella Kirkwood had it all: A-list friends at her prestigious private school, Broadway in her backyard, and Daddy's MasterCard in her wallet. Then her father, a plastic surgeon to the stars, decided to trade her mother in for a newer model.
When Bella's mom falls in love with a man she met on the Internet--a factory worker with two bratty sons--Bella has to pack up and move in with her new family in Truman, Oklahoma. On a farm no less!
Forced to trade her uber-trendy NYC lifestyle for down-home charm, Bella feels like a pair of Rock & Republic jeans in a sea of Wranglers.
At least some of the people in her new high school are pretty cool. Especially the hunky football player who invites her to lunch. And maybe even the annoying--but kinda hot--editor of the school newspaper.
But before long, Bella smells something rotten in the town of Truman, and it's not just the cow pasture. With her savvy reporter's instincts, she is determined to find the story behind all the secrets.
"How can a girl go on when her charmed life is gone and God appears to be giving her the total smackdown?"



Ok, I really liked this book. I thought it was just about a spoiled girl at first, and that is what it started out like. Bella was your ordinary rich kid, expecting everything to be handed to her on a silver platter. But when she has to move to Truman, everything changer. Her mom is dating a farmer and factory worker with some secrets. Now, Bella is stuck with two stepbrothers, one of whom practically hates her. Her school life is a mess too. She writes a bad blog post about Truman on her blog, and now everybody knows the "real her". But is it really the real her?

After being stuck on the school newspaper and reporting on some boring stories, she stumbles across a real story about the Truman football team. Will she be able to crack the case?

First of all, I really don't know how to categorize this book. It started out realistic fiction, got a little romance, then a mystery. To top it off, it also had a suspense feel during part of the book. But this is still a great book. I loved Bella's sense of humor. All of the characters were unique and had character. This book kept me hooked till the very end. The city of Truman sounded like a real and unique place. Since I live in a small town I could relate perfectly. There were some references in this book that fit it wonderfully.
My favorite part of this book is how it is Christian Fiction. Not many books nowadays that are written with a real story behind them are Christian Fiction. This is a great book with a wonderful plot and many lessons.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment