This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Review: Counting by 7s

Counting by 7s Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Counting by 7s is a unique and touching read. Just so you guys know, this review might be brief. If have been busy (and lazy) and kept putting off this review.

Willow Chance likes to count by 7s. She is also a genius, who really likes to learn about medical diseases and stuff. Once she gets to middle school, she is called names such as weird. After getting a perfect score of a standardized test, she is called into the school counsler. He is also strange, and they don't get along the greatest. Then, Willow's foster parents die, and Willow is stuck trying to find a home. She gets temperarely housed with another family that has a kid who is counseled as well. Willow learns that things don't have to be perfect.

I really liked this book. It was under my reading level, yet it never felt too kiddish. It always had this feeling to it, and I think it would be a good book for anyone to read.

The plot in this book didn't really keep me guessing. It didn't really have a major climax, except for when Willow's foster parents died. It just flowed and added many more layers. This story was dragging a bit, but still had a decent message.

The characters in this book were good. Willow had a strange character who was always changing. Dell, the counselor, had a few personalities that made the story strange. It also made me have to reread parts of the book. Mai was by far my favorite character. She was cool and should be every teen's role model.

The messages in this book were good. One of them was that anyone can be good. You can't dwell on the past.

This book was a fun and easy read that was very interesting.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment