This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Review: The Heir

The Heir The Heir by Kiera Cass
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

The Heir by Kiera Cass was a very good book.

The Heir focuses on a girl named Eadlyn. She is the heir to the throne of Illea, and her parents are America and Maxon. Maxon and America fell in love during "The Selection", and now they are hoping Eadlyn will do the same It will distract the attention away from the bad things going on in the monarchy. She doesn't want to fall in love, and decides that she will do it for show until her parents let her stop. But will she really fall in love?

First of all, this book made me want to scream. I read the ending and wanted the next book so badly. With the other books, I could just go to the library within a couple days and check out the next one. I have to wait for months to read "The Crown". I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!

I thought Eadlyn was very whiny and self centered. She never did anything just for the good of doing it, and always complained. I hoped I would be able to see more of her mom in her, but she did not act the same as America. I thought the boys were strange, and Maxon wasn't himself anymore. I also realized that America had turned into a quieter version of herself.

This might have been just me, but I thought that this book sounded more modern. (I know you are probably thinking I am crazy right now) It seemed to have a fresh perspective, but I have no real idea why.

The writing style was very interesting, and made even boring events sound halfway interesting. It never lacked in variety either. Kiera Cass made a masterpeice with this book.

The plot was kind of slow in this book. There were no HUGE events that would spark excitement. I think that is why it took me a while to read this book. I don't know if these books are getting tired or not, but I'm hoping The Crown has some new material.

This book is OK, but nothing out of the ordinary and not as good as the rest of the series. I give it 3 and a half stars.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I liked this one a lot, but I agree the others in the series were better. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete