This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Review: The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another Sarah Dessen book that I have read and loved. She is my second favorite author, next to Morgan Matson. Now onto the review.

Macy Queen is an average 16 year old girl going through normal problems. Her "perfect" boyfriend is away at Brain Camp, so she is stuck working his library job for the. Macy's dad had also died a few years back because he was hit by a car. Because of this, Macy's mom spends a lot of time grieving by keeping herself busy. Macy decides to switch up her boring life a bit by getting a job at Wish Catering, a disorganized catering business that Macy thinks is a good change of scene. While working there, she meets a boy named Wes. She starts to develop feelings for Wes, but he already has a girlfriend. Will Macy be able to take control of her life?

I really like Sarah Dessen's writing style. She writes with such poise and style that I want to read more and more of her books. The conflicts are always different, but I like how so many of her books take place in the same town, and the same two schools. It makes me feel connected to the characters more.

The plot was really good. It intertwined so many different elements to create a story that fit together perfectly. Wes, Wish Catering, Macy's mom, Macy's sister, and her old boyfriend all connect to add to the story. This isn't the one sided story that some are. My favorite part was the chaos with Wish. It was so creative, even if I didn't understand one worker, Monica's, obsession with the word Donnavin, or what it meant. It was one of those things that just doesn't make sense.

Characters are one of Sarah Dessen's strong parts in writing. The characters are always so different. Wes is a independent rebel kind of thing, and Macy is trying to be perfect. Jason, her boyfriend, is a nerdy version of perfect. Monica, Kristy, and Delia are the other wish workers, but they all are different. Delia is a protective forgetful parent. Monica is more throughtful and quiet, and Kristy is outgoing and loves to dress up.

Overall, this is a great book.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've only read one book by Sarah Dessen, but I LOVED it. I need to read more. This one sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete