This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Author Interview: Vanshika Prusty

27431850

I recently did a author interview with Vanshika Prusty, the author of "Rebel".  Below is our interview.  Feel free to check out her book.  It comes out May 2016.


1. Why did you start to write?
I started writing because it was the only way I could express myself and my depression without being told that I was seeking attention when I wasn't.

2. Who would you say is your author inspiration?
My author inspiration is Cassandra Clare and J.K. Rowling mostly. There are other authors that gave me hope to move forward with my writing through their books but I have to say that most of my inspirations comes from Cassandra Clare and J.K. Rowling.
   
3. What is your favorite book?
My favourite book would have to be either Clockwork Princess or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

4. Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
I do. Everyone has a story to tell, you don't have to be a bestselling author to be an amazing story teller with an unique story.

5. How long did it take you to write Rebel?
It took me about six months to write it and six months to personally edit it.

6. Where do you get your writing ideas from?
I get my ideas from the most random of places. Sometimes it's my dreams, sometimes it's a couple kissing on the bus.

7. Who would you recommend Rebel to?
I would recommend it to YA, Dystopian readers who are looking for a read with a female lead who is very relatable and impulsive.

8.
Do you have a playlist to go with the book? (I see a lot of authors have playlists to go with their books)
I don't have a whole playlist but I do like to listen to Les Friction, slow songs or really intense songs depending on the scene I am writing or if I need inspiration.

9. How does it feel to publish your first book at such a young age?
It feels unreal. It feels nerve-racking and amazing all at the same time. Some nights I feel overwhelmed by it and question my ability to be a good storyteller but at the same time, I am so grateful. I can't thank the people who have supported me through everything enough for encouraging me to go forth with the publication of Rebel.

10. Is there anything else you would like to tell readers about your book or yourself?
Well, I would just like to say that everyone who reads Rebel or any of my other stories, thank you. 

    


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this and for being a great interviewer!

    ReplyDelete