This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, December 11, 2015

Review: Along for the Ride

Along for the Ride Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was another great Sarah Dessen book.

Auden has not had a typical childhood, because her parents haven't been real supportive. Ever since they got divorced, her mom has been the one who expects Auden to be an adult. Her dad hadn't been around. The summer after high school, Auden decides to move to her father's house for the summer. There she realizes how different his life is now. He is married to a lady named Heidi, and they have a little baby, Thisbe. As Auden gets settled into her life there, she meets a Eli. Her is a loner who decides to help Auden relive her childhood. Read the book to find out more.

Sarah Dessen books are always pretty much the same, but I can't stop reading them. The girl always is going through some difficult part in life, and they meet a guy and some other friends outside her comfort zone who somehow change her life. I don't know why it doesn't drive me nuts, but it doesn't.

The characters in this book were like the same as any other Sarah Dessen book, so I do not feel like re-writing what I have already said again.

The plot was pretty god in this book. The romance was good as usual and kept me reading. This book is a lighter read that is still not pointless, and you could find it thoughtful. I really like how Sarah Dessen makes references from her other books in this book. She seems to always weave something from her other books into it. That keeps we watching and guessing.

The writing style is very descriptive. It is creative and probably what keeps me reading these books.

I give this book a 3.75.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one! I've never read any of her others so I had no clue she ties her books in small ways to each other. I definitely need to read more.

    ReplyDelete