This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Review: Just a Few Inches

Just a Few Inches Just a Few Inches by Tara St. Pierre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Just a Few Inches was an interesting and unique read.

Carrie Roberts is a typical teenage girl. Despite how much she works out or how skinny she is, she still believes that she is "fat". When she finds the perfect dress for prom, she can't quite fit into it. Desperately, she does everything she possibly can to lose a few unnecessary pounds. She also takes weight loss pills that are supposed to help her shave off just enough. But when she takes an overdose, something strange happens. Carrie starts getting shorter as well as skinnier? Will she ever stop shrinking?

This book took me by surprise. I volunteered to read and review it thinking Carrie would just shrink a few inches. Instead, she shrunk from over 5 feet to under 1 foot. It was kind of crazy that way.

The characters in this book were pretty typical, but not overly. Carrie was an average teen, and it was nice to see a character who had a lot of the same feeling that I do (except for the shrinking part, of course). Even was the nerdy yet cool newspaper worker who develops a crush of Carrie. Carrie's sisters are normal, as well as her parents. I liked to see the teenage-ness in Carries friends.

The writing style in this book was unique. The characters had real conversations, and the teens actually sounded like teens, and not like mini adults. This book was also descriptive with good language.

The plot of this book was one negative part. It dragged on and on in the middle of the book, and was a little quick in others. The book was really exciting in the beginning and then the was end. That is the main reason I docked this book to a four, because of the monotonous scenes.

I really liked how this book talks about difficult issues. Every teen worries about their weight, and it was nice to see that as well as a few other difficult issues brought into a relatable and not too harsh teen book.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. For a fantasy, it was extremely good, and I really enjoyed getting the chance to read it.

I RECIEVED THIS BOOK FROM THE AUTHOR THROUGH THE GROUP WE HEART YA BOOKS IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINIONS OR VIEWS ON IT IN ANY WAYS.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for reading, reviewing, and being a part of my book blitz!

    --Tara St. Pierre

    ReplyDelete