This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, January 22, 2016

Author Interview: Denae Christine

I recently did an author interview with Denae Christine.  Here are his answers.

1. When did you start writing?
I started writing when I was twelve.  I made my family and neighbors read a 12 page story I wrote . . . and they were polite enough not to tell me how awful it was.
2. How do you deal with writers block?
I mainly deal with writer's block by setting aside the current story.  I read or by promote and market or by edit previous chapters.  I love editing.  Raw story writing feels so much harder to me.
3. Who is your YA author inspiration?

Brandon Sanderson is my inspiration!  Christopher Paolini and Rick Riordan were also important to me, but Sanderson has the best stories (clean, funny, complicated, perfect pacing and dialogue).
4. Who would you recommend the Royal Deception series to?

I would recommend the Royal Deception trilogy to people who love a deep fantasy world with characters that grow.  The trilogy has a protagonist with a strong moral code, shifter folk facing discrimination, and a splash of mystery thrown in.  The whole thing is a retelling of the Lion King.  The magic is well-defined with limitations: blade shifters and animal shifters.  We have a Prince who can turn his arms into swords, a tutor who can shift his arms into wings, and a madman who wants to kill them both.  A fun, epic adventure!
5. What is your favorite book?

Favorite book ever?  The Bible.  Favorite fiction book?  Probably Ella Enchanted.
6. Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?

6, My advice for aspiring writers would be to figure out what you like and don't like in a story.  Read goodreads or Amazon reviews to help you out.
7. What is the best part of writing?

7, The best part of writing is getting to have adventures without any of the risk.  Also, the good guys can win no matter the circumstances.  And you, the author, has all the control.

No comments:

Post a Comment