This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Author Interview: Emily Camp

Sorry I have been doing so many author interviews.  I like helping authors, and also have been very busy lately.  An author interview is easy to put together ahead of time.  Feel free to check out these authors.  This interview is from Emily Camp.  Find her on Goodreads here.


1. Why did you start to write?
Because I love stories.
2. Who would you say is your author inspiration?
Originally S.E. Hinton when I was a teenager I think I read The Outsiders about 100 times.
3. What is your favorite book?
That one is a hard one, because I'm an avid reader my favorite book changes all the time. But I'd have to say The Sea of Tranquility is still one of my favorites.
4. Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
Read a bunch and write a bunch.
5. How long did it take you to write your books?
Usually a rough draft only takes me about a month, but if you're talking from the beginning of draft one to pushing publish it takes about a year, good thing is I have a lot of rough drafts to work on.
6. Where do you get your writing ideas?
Everywhere, my life, other's lives, news. I try to make my books as realistic as possible, I remember a lot of the thoughts and fears and joys I had as a teenager and draw from that.
7. Who would you recommend your books to?
Anyone who likes contemporary YA with a non-sugar coated faith based message.
8. Do you have a playlist to go with the book? (I see a lot of authors have playlists to go with their books)
Yes, I do. Usually I make a playlist to listen to while I write it.
9. Why do you like to write?
Because I love creating.
10. What is your favorite book that you wrote? Probably the last one I published, Overcome. I don't know, that's kind of a tough one because they're things I like about all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment