This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Review: Fire in Frost

Fire in Frost Fire in Frost by Alicia Rades
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I RECIEVED AN ECOPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW FROM YA BOUND BOOK TOURS AND Alicia Rades. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

I really enjoyed this easy fantasy novel.

Fire in Frost is about Crystal Frost, a teenager who is learning a lot about herself. The same day that she gets her first period, she finds out she can see dead people. She is called a psychic by her mom, who is also one. The person she keeps seeing is Olivia, who was a teenager who died a year earlier in a candle incident. Olivia thinks that one of her friends is in desperate trouble, and wants Crystal to help her get to the bottom of it.

First of all, lets look at this cover. It is gorgeous and should make anyone want to read it. I am a non-fantasy person for the most part, and I loved this cover and this book.

This book is written by an indie author, yet it is not written like it. All indie books fall into two categories: well written or dull. This book was definitely not dull, so it was pretty well written. It was a fun read for a realistic fiction lover because it had a lot of realistic fiction in it. Fire in Frost is not a full on fantasy, and I liked that about it.

Crystal had a great personality and sense of humor. She is joking about her period, and she is very sweet. She does not have any boyfriends, which I think is relatable. Her friends are also neat and well thought out.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to people who are reluctant fantasy readers. I also enjoyed meeting the author at a book signing. This book earns a 4.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment