This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Review: Desire in Frost

Desire in Frost Desire in Frost by Alicia Rades
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Desire in Frost is the second book the Fire in Frost series by Alicia Rades. It is a pretty good book.

This book again focuses on Crystal Frost as she maneuvers yet another mystery because of a her psychic ability. She sees a ghost who wants her to save this little girl in her town. After going of a vacation, and realizing the abducted 6 year old is nearer than she thought, she gets into major danger. Will she find Hope, the child? Or will she be seriously hurt?

The cover of this book is more stunning than book one. I love the purple shades. Crystal's hair in this picture is amazing, and the blue eyes stand out wonderfully. This certainly doesn't look like an indie book cover, and I can't wait to see the cover for Inspired in Frost, the third book in this series which isn't out yet.

Crystal again amazed me with how much she actually sounded like a teenager. Alicia Rades must really know what a teenager sounds like. All the characters actually have flaws. I liked how Teddy, Crystal's stepfather, didn't go along with everything she said. He doubted her occasionally, just as he should have.

I loved how there was a bit more romance in this book. The romance between Crystal's friends, Derick and Emma, was very cute. I really enjoyed seeing the romance between Robin and Crystal as well. It made the story more well rounded. It also made it go a bit faster. Robin is Teddy's nephew, and is usually a jerk and pretty reserved. Around Crystal, he started to show the real him.

This book was a bit darker than the first one, but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The mystery made me wonder why I ever stopped reading mystery in the first place. It made the suspicious scenes more dramatic. This book started out slow, but got faster quickly. I read all but the first 30 or so pages today.

There were two ghosts in this book. Penny was an important teenager who ultimately solved the case. Scott was an adult who they thought was a suspect in the beginning. The ghosts were interesting, but kind of one sided.

Overall, this book is a good paranormal mystery.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I have the first book in this series so I am very much looking forward to it! I love the covers and it sounds like the stories continue to stay good even as you read further into them. And I always love a bit of paranormal <3 Also, I followed you on Bloglovin and Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete