This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Review: Everything, Everything

Everything, Everything Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

THIS REVIEW WILL HAVE SPOILERS. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM, THEY WILL BE MARKED.

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon is a touching and heartbreaking novel that will make you laugh, cry, and fully believe you are Madeline.

Madeline has a rare disease. It prevents her from leaving the house. She is alergic to the world. As Madeline turns 18, something special happens. A new family moves in next door, and with it, a teenage boy. Madeline falls in love with Olly (him), and starts to want to get out into the world. What will happen next?

The cover of this book is brilliant, just like the book itself.

I wondered right away why Madeline couldn't live in a bubble like bubble boy. SPOILER: [When I read the end I totally understood.]

Madeline is a nice teenager who can be depressed, sarcastic, and funny. She is polite to the few adults she gets to be with, like her nurse Carla. Carla is the only person that Madeline gets to be with except for her mom. Olly is a sweet boy who doesn't like his family. They abuse him.

This book moves fast, and I finished it in two days. It was addicting and I couldn't put it down.

Like I said earlier, this book is filled with emotions. Nicola Yoon adds so many emotions that make you love Madeline and maybe even feel like her.

SPOILER: The ending of this book is brilliant. Madeline sneaks out of the house with Olly and goes to Hawaii, the last place she was considered healthy. She has no symptoms, except for getting really sick after a few days. When Madeline found out that she wasn't really sick, it was amazing. Her mother just didn't want to lose her like she had lost her husband and son. Madeline just had a very weak immune system from being so sheltered.

Overall, this is an amazing book that is definitely making my top ten list for the year!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this one so I am so happy to know you head over heels loved it :D Can't wait to try it for myself. Brilliant review!

    My recent review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2016/03/a-study-in-charlotte-review.html

    ReplyDelete