This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: The Taming Of The Drew

The Taming Of The Drew The Taming Of The Drew by Stephanie Kate Strohm
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I RECIEVED AN ARC FROM EDELWEISS IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF IT IN ANY WAY.

This was a very cute contemporary read.

Summery from Goodreads:
Cass McKay has been called stubborn, temperamental, difficult, and that word that rhymes with “witch” more times than she cares to count. But that’s all about to pay off. She has finally landed the role she was born to play—Kate, in The Taming of the Shrew—in the summer apprentice program of a renowned Shakespeare theater company in the forests of Vermont.

But Cass can barely lace up her corset before her troubles begin. Her leading man, Drew, is a complete troll, and he’s going to ruin Cass’s summer. Even worse, Cass’s bunkmate Amy has somehow fallen head over heels for Drew. Cass can’t let Amy throw herself at a total jerk, so she comes up with a genius plan to give Drew the personality makeover he so desperately needs: they’ll tame Drew just as Petruchio tames Kate! But as Shakespeare’s classic plays out offstage, Cass finds it harder and harder to resist falling for Drew herself.

The cover of this book isn't that cool in my opinion. However, I do like the font the title is in.

I really enjoyed the characters in this book. Cass was snarky and cool. Her voice was always unique, and she wasn't afraid to express herself. I also liked her attitude about boys. Drew is a cute jerky boy who Cass hates. He is cool hut also a real pain. Amy is Cass's friend, and she is pretty cool, except for the fact that she likes Drew.

It was neat how this book was written around a play, and the play was the one they were reading for drama camp. I don't know a lot about Shakespeare, but I still found it interesting.

The plot moves at a perfect pace all throughout the book, and the romance is the leading aspect. Cass falls for Taylor, a cute skateboarder. It makes the story cool, although I disliked the love triangle.

Overall, this is a cute "dramatic" read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment