This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: The Voice That Challenged a Nation: Marian Anderson and the Struggle for Equal Rights

The Voice That Challenged a Nation: Marian Anderson and the Struggle for Equal Rights The Voice That Challenged a Nation: Marian Anderson and the Struggle for Equal Rights by Russell Freedman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Voice That Challenged a Nation is a very interesting biography of Marion Anderson. I will not give a summary of it, because it just describes her life and singing career.

I will start off by saying that this book was not something I wanted to read. However, I was stuck reading it for a reading competition. It really wasn't near as bad as I thought, and was pretty good. I couldn't believe that Marion Anderson dealt with civil rights issues. It was neat that she was friends with Eleanor Roosevelt. Marion dealt with real problems, and I could actually say I related to her at times.

This book looked pretty long, but it was a pretty easy read. There were a lot of pictures which added to the story, and the writing was pretty big. I actually enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a historical biography.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment