This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Review: Pretties

Pretties Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Pretties by Scott Westerfield was definitely not as good as Uglies.

My Summery:
All Tally wanted to be was Pretty. Except for now that she is pretty, she just wants to be Ugly again. That is because the doctors change their brain while they do the operation. Now Tally and her friends are trying to get their brains back to normal states, which takes them on a risky and exciting adventure.

Summery from Goodreads:

Tally has finally become pretty. Now her looks are beyond perfect, her clothes are awesome, her boyfriend is totally hot, and she's completely popular. It's everything she's ever wanted.

But beneath all the fun -- the nonstop parties, the high-tech luxury, the total freedom -- is a nagging sense that something's wrong. Something important. Then a message from Tally's ugly past arrives. Reading it, Tally remembers what's wrong with pretty life, and the fun stops cold.

Now she has to choose between fighting to forget what she knows and fighting for her life -- because the authorities don't intend to let anyone with this information survive.


I didn't really find as much excitement in this book as in Uglies.

I think part of the reason I didn't like this book because it is so realistic. I went into it looking for a science fiction novel, but the stuff happening in this book could really happen. I mean, the surgery happens in moderation today, and things like paper magazines are becoming obsolete.

The civilization in this book was weird, and so was the history. They never talk about our generation, but only the "Rusties", or pre us. There were also pre Rusties, or like Cavemen.

Tally comes off as a odd character. She is brave yet scared, like the author tried to make her a fun yet realistic character. David is way more annoying than he was in the first book. Shay is a whiny self-centered brat.

I also couldn't stand the language in this book. I mean "Tally-wa" is bad enough, but bubbly? What the heck does bubbly even mean. One minute I thought it meant good, the next sane, and the next bad. I think it is just a word Scott Westerfield throws in there.

Overall, this wasn't the best book ever but still was a decent action paced book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment