This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Review: Stealing Parker

Stealing Parker Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Stealing Parker is the second book in the Hundred Oaks series. It is very interesting.

Parker Shelton is just trying to fit in. However, that is really hard when her mom is a lesbian, and her dad doesn't really care about her. Since she gets made fun of on the softball team, Parker decides to manage the baseball team. Through it, she meets and falls in love with a few boys, including the coach "Brian". Will Parker work through her issues.

The cover of this book is cute and definitely describes what this book is about. I can imaging that being Parker and Brian.

This book definitely wasn't as good as Catching Jordan. The love triangle was painful to read at times. It seemed like Parker had like three boyfriends. I couldn't believe she fell for Brian, because he was like 20-something. Their whole relationship was kind of forced, and I just wished Parker would get her act together and date someone her own age. There were also a lot of boy characters in this book just like in the last one. That made it very hard to keep tract of who did what.

There were some good parts in this book as well. I liked how it tackled tough issues, like lesbians and drug overdoses. (for those of you who don't know, Parker's brother overdoses on cough syrup and stuff) There were also some valuable lessons about being who you want to be and not letting anyone or anything get in your way.

I did find the end cute, but kind of strange. {SPOILER: I can't believe Parker still went after Brian. The part with Parker's mom's speech had a very strange message. }

Overall, this is an okay sporty book that tackles real life issues. I give it a 3.5

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment