This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, April 22, 2016

Review: Twin Reflections

Twin Reflections Twin Reflections by Elizabeth R. Joseph
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I RECIEVED A COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM THE AUTHOR THROUGH THE WE HEART YA GROUP R2R PROGRAM ON GOODREADS IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

Twin Reflections by Elizabeth R. Joseph is a cute and easy fantasy read.

Vera and Mark are twins who are orphans. They live in an orphanage. One day, when their caregiver mysteriously disappears, they find themselves a way into a maze of mirrors. The mirrors trap them. Will the twins be able to survive? Or will they be lost forever?

First of all, the author of this book is 14. I know I shouldn't take that into account, but it is too amazing not too. Most teenagers don't have the initiative to do their homework, let alone write a book. Elizabeth R. Joseph is a skilled writer, and I know most teens can't write as well as her. I sure know I can't. Her writing is descriptive and fun to read.

I loved connecting to the characters. Vera was a sweet girl who was stuck with too much responsibility. Mark is a teenage boy who is kind and caring. It was fun seeing them grow up in the maze.

The world building in this book is very intricate. The maze is very easily described, and I liked how the world, especially out of the maze was easy to enjoy.

There was only one thing I didn't like about this book, and that is the fact that it is confusing. The scenes kind of jump around, and you sometimes don't know what is going on. If the book were a little longer, it would probably be a little easier to figure out. There were also three or four different perspectives in this book, and sometimes it was hard to tell which one was talking.

Overall, this is a fun and fascinating book.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a young author! That's great that she writes well. Sorry it was a bit confusing though. Thanks for sharing!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I was amazed too when I learned her real age!

      Delete