This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Review: All Better Now

All Better Now All Better Now by Emily Wing Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

All Better Now is a cute yet weird memoir.



I ask myself: how am I living still?
And how I ask it depends on the day.

All her life, Emily has felt different from other kids. Between therapist visits, sudden uncontrollable bursts of anger, and unexplained episodes of dizziness and loss of coordination, things have always felt not right. For years, her only escape was through the stories she’d craft about herself and the world around her. But it isn’t until a near-fatal accident when she’s twelve years old that Emily and her family discover the truth: a grapefruit sized benign brain tumor at the base of her skull.

In turns candid, angry, and beautiful, Emily Wing Smith’s captivating memoir chronicles her struggles with both mental and physical disabilities during her childhood, the devastating accident that may have saved her life, and the means by which she coped with it all: writing.


I thought this book wasn't as good as the hype made it seem. It wasn't my cup of tea because it was a lot of medical stuff, and not a lot of real experiences. Emily Wing Smith did not have a ton of real exciting memories, but she wrote the ones she did have done nicely.

The writing style in this book was strange. It was funny and easy to read, which was nice. However, it got a little choppy at times.

My favorite part of Emily's life is her journey to becoming a writer. It was raw and very true. As an aspiring writer myself, I hope to learn to write like she did. She is an inspiration to me.

Look at this cover. It is amazing, and gorgeous. I like the title, and how they incorporate it into the book as the theme. I also like the picture because it attracted my attention. The background is also neat.

Overall, it is an okay book that would be perfect for the right reader.

Sorry this review was short; I was procrastinating writing it.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I tagged you for the Infinity Dreams award! Enjoy! <3
    http://justanotherbookishblog.blogspot.nl/2016/05/infinity-dreams-award.html

    ReplyDelete