This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Monday, May 23, 2016

Review: Talent

Talent Talent by B. Lynn Goodwin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Talent by B. Lynn Goodwin is a cute romantic coming of age about serious issues.

Summery From Goodreads:
Fifteen-and-a-half-year-old Sandee Mason wants to find her talent, get her driver's license, and stop living in the shadow of her big brother, Bri, who disappeared while serving in Afghanistan.

Talent is a timely story about a girl who learns her brother is MIA in Afghanistan. What does she do? How does she cope while trying to be part of the drama department and attempting to live normally? Lynn Goodwin has captured the angst and the pathos of this situation and created a character who will appeal to many teens.


I won this book in a giveaway from a fellow blogger. Just recently, I decided to pick it up and read it.

I thought this story was very timely. It is about a girl worrying about her brother who went missing in Afghanistan. This is a very less talked about topic than most ya topics.

Sandee was a bit of a whiny and unrealatable character. She seemed a bit full of herself, and she thought she was better than she really was.

I also thought the whole thing with a psychic was really strange. It was the worst part of the book, and made me postpone finishing it. I thought something like that didn't fit into a book like this one.

The whole play aspect was cute. It was a little overused, but it still blended into the book perfectly. I liked learning about acting.

Overall, this was a cute book about a good topic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment