This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Review: Because I Love You

Because I Love You Because I Love You by Tori Rigby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I RECIEVED THIS BOOK FROM YA BOUND BOOK TOURS IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

Because I Love You by Tori Rigby is a cute ya romance with a good topic.

Andie Hamilton is pregnant. She got pregnant with her best friend's baby. When Andie finds out, she goes to her boyfriend-best friend for support. He ignores her, so Andie goes to her ex Neil. Neil is a boy who would do anything for her, but has some dark secrets. Will everything work out?

I thought this book was on a very interesting topic. Not that many books nowadays are written about teen pregnancy, which is a good thing to write about because it shows the downsides of teen sex. The only other book I have read on the topic is Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen . I thought that book was amazing, but way different than this.

While Someone Like You talked about the stages of pregnancy, this book was more about the social affects. Andie couldn't go back to school because she was bullied too much. She also was hated by the boy who made her pregnant. I thought that it was good when she went to Neil, even though it kind of made a love triangle.

Andie was an interesting character. She was a Christian, which was the part of the book I really liked. I would have liked to see more Christian values in the book. Andie also was a girl who shied away and was scared of what others thought.
Neil was a boy who had an abusive family. He takes care of Andie, and helps her get the help she needs throughout the pregnancy.

The ending was a little mature. I thought the teenagers acted a little too adult(y). They acted too sickly romantic and serious for a crush. However, I really did enjoy the real end, where there is a plot twist.

Overall, this is a good book with a great topic and good messages.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment