This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Review: The Edge of Juniper

The Edge of Juniper The Edge of Juniper by Lora Richardson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I RECIEVED THIS BOOK FROM THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

The Edge of Juniper by Lora Richardson is an adorable second novel that blooms with summer romance and teenage friendships.

Fay Whittaker is a teenage girl who is living with her cousins, aunt and uncle for the summer She is excited at first, until she realizes that her uncle is an alcoholic and that not everything is as perfect as it seems in Juniper.

Fay meets this boy named Malcolm Dearing. It is love at first site, even though it shouldn't be. Fay learns that the Dearing's are hated by Celia (the cousin's) dad. Malcolm and Fay start to fall in love. What will happen?

Lora Richardson very generously contacted me about reviewing this book, and I accepted. I really enjoyed her first novel, Outspoken, and wanted to read this one too. I thought that this one was just as good.

Fay was a very sweet character. She was looking for a good old fashioned summer, but didn't really get it. No matter what, she is always there for her friends, and willing to give anything a try. I really liked her.
Malcolm is a sweet boy. He is a Dearing, a family who Fay's uncle hates. Despite the families not getting along, Fay and Malcolm still find a way to hang out and become a cute couple. I think it is sweet that Malcolm is a woodworker and not an athlete.

The setting in this book is weird. It takes place in modern day in a town that seems really old fashioned. There is not a lot of talk about cell phones or computers, and like I said, woodworking is a hobby that takes up most of a character's time. I am not complaining, but it was just odd.

The romance was cute but a little overdone. Fay and Malcolm get along well, but I thought that at the end they start talking a little too maturely for their age. It sounds a little theological.

The plot moves nicely. The ending is my favorite part, because it is sweet and made me happy. The book moves at a perfect pace; not fast but not overly slow.

Overall, this is a cute coming of age.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment