This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Review: How to Make Out

How to Make Out How to Make Out by Brianna Shrum
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I RECIEVED THIS BOOK FROM EDELWEISS AND SKY PONY PRESS IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.  THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

I really don't know what to think about this book.

Renley is a nerdy math genius. She is trying to earn money to go to New York with her best friend on a math club trip. So, she creates a how-to-blog that people have to pay to use, and tries to earn the cash. While running this blog, her long time crush Seth finally notices her. Will she earn the money?

This book left me with serious mixed feelings. I mean, it was well written and cute, but also predictable and unrealistic.

Let's start with my biggest pet peeve of this book.. Renley starts a blog, knowing nothing about how to use it. She doesn't publicize it at all that I remember, but it still becomes a sensation. The worst part about it is that Renley magically starts earning money. I mean, I wish I would earn money blogging. The idea of having a blog where you have to pay to see the content is one that is unrealistic because few people in the age range that Renley is writing for would pay for it.

The love triangle in this book is also irritating. Renley has a best friend who she sleeps with (just sleeping; nothing more). That friend is also the school's sleep-around boy, because he sleeps and stuff with other girls regularly. Then, her CULINARY GENIUS crush Seth finally likes her. I mean, it is nice to see a crush who was not a jock, but a CULINARY GENIUS. The whole romance was ridiculous, because Drew, the sleep around, still sleeps with Renley, and she doesn't understand why Seth is mad at her.

Renley was a dramatic girl. However, she faced real problems that made her semi-relatable.

The writing style in this book is its best feature. It is descriptive and funny.

Overall, this is a okay book that has strange parts. I give it 2.5 stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment