This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, July 29, 2016

Blogaversary!

It is my one year blog anniversary today!  In honor of it, I would like to write a few things about my blog.  I started it on a borrowed computer (I was just about to get a new one), and was pretty clueless at the beginning.  I realized quickly how long it actually takes to review a book, and how hard it is.

Here is my first review: http://bethleesbookblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/harry-potter-and-sorcerers-stone.html
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
This is the first book that I am reviewing.  Let's start by saying I don't particularly like fantasy.  I'd rather read books about stuff that is or could be real.  Yet I felt inclined to take it out of my book bag the other day when it was the only book I had left to read.  It was evening when I started, and I read late into the night.  If I hadn't been so tired, I would have read it all it one night.
It totally exceeded my expectations.  The book grabbed me and took me right into Hogwarts.  I loved the humor and the irony (when Harry shows of his broom skills by flying to the tree and gets to play quidditch), as well as the suspense.  I found myself thinking that Hermoine should be Harry's friend right away, and was glad when she became that.  J.K. Rowling is a literary genius.  I already checked out books two and three of the Harry Potter series.


Here is my most recent review:  http://bethleesbookblog.blogspot.com/2016/07/review-future-unborn.html
The Future Unborn by Khristina Chess
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I RECIEVED THIS BOOK FROM WE HEART YA BOOKS AND THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

Khristina Chess has written a brilliant novel about teen pregnancy.

Kansas Jones has her future all planned out. She wants to get into MIT, and be in the robotics program. But when an unexpected pregnancy changes her plans, she is forced to change her plans. Will she keep the baby, or will she have to give it up?

I thought this book was about a very unique topic. There are many books out there about teen pregnancy, but not many like this. It was relatable and fun to read. The Future Unborn reminded me of
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. I don't compare a lot of books to Sarah Dessen, so that is saying something.

Kansas was a very relatable character. She had big goals and knows how to get them done. However, she still has flaws. She slips up on night on vacation and gets herself in this big mess. When in it, she has to make some big decisions.

I didn't like how much time Kansas liked debating whether to keep the pregnancy. She spent at least half the book without telling her parents about it. I did like how she debated giving her baby to her aunt, who couldn't have kids.

The robotics aspect was very interesting and cool. It made the book more modern, and gave Kansas more depth. I liked how she made friends (and more than friends) in the robotics club, and learned to be less controlling.

The ending of this book is amazing, and very sad.  It was tragic and very touching, yet for the better.

Overall, this is a good book dealing with a great topic.      


I would like to thank all of the authors and fellow bloggers who I have been able to work with.  It still makes me so happy whenever I get a blogger contact form or comment.  It is amazing to look online and see what you have written.

So I would like to celebrate with a giveaway!  One lucky winner will get a copy of the Carrie Diaries!

Have a good evening!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment