This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Review: In Between

In Between

My 200th post!  Yay, and right before my 1 year blogoversary!


In Between by Jenny B. Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In Between is a cute Christian fiction ya novel.

Summery from Goodreads:
Unlike most kids, teenage Katie Parker never got a fair shot at a normal life. With a mother in jail and a missing-in-action dad, she's never known what it's like to truly be loved. Low on options and family members, she's soon shipped off to a foster home. Now in an unfamiliar town, Katie's rebellious attitude is at odds with her new family, school, and classmates. And after falling in with all the wrong people at school, things go from bad to really bad after she takes the blame for vandalizing the local performing arts theater.

But in the midst of a dark situation, Katie finds light in the most unexpected places: through her new friendship with an eccentric senior, the commitment of her foster family, and a tragic secret that changed them forever. And as she inches closer to acceptance and forgiveness, she finds that God has been there all along.

I liked Jenny B. Jones other series,A Charmed Life , so I decided to pick this one up. I have to say that it might be better. I felt like it had more depth and character, but maybe not as much humor.

Katie is not as spoiled as Bella, and she is a lot sweeter. However, she is very sarcastic. Jones has a way of capturing true teenage attitude in her books. I liked how Katie grew throughout the book, but still wasn't perfect by the end.

Katie's background is an interesting one. She was put in an orphanage after her mom went to jail for being a druggie. Then Katie gets dumped with a really religious foster family.

She has some struggles becoming religious. I really liked that aspect of the book because it made Katie a more well rounded character.

The plot moved at a perfect pace, with plenty of lessons to share.

Overall, this is a really fun Christian read with good morals.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment