This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Monday, July 18, 2016

Review: Prodigy

Prodigy Prodigy by Marie Lu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Prodigy by Marie Lu is a fun and fast paced action science fiction.

Summery From Goodreads:
Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?

I thought this book was almost as good as the first. It had more action, and a love square. I am currently reading Champion, and it is just as good as this one.

June and Day have changed a lot as characters. They have become more independent and on the run. June is still sweet and thinks she is faithful to the Republic, while Day is tough and is against the Republic.

I thought the Patriots were interesting. They were an underground group who were going against the Republic at a very week time (when they got a new elector). I liked how they ran, but was surprised that they didn't get caught. THe characters associated with the Patriots were also a fun addition to the story.

THe plot twist at the end was very good. I liked how Marie Lu kept you guessing, and how the ending was so shocking. I never would've seen that coming.
However, I did not like the cliffhanger at the end. They are too common in young adult books, and I really liked how the first book didn't have one. This one let me down.

Overall, this is an action packed sci-fi.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment