This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Review: The Big Picture

The Big Picture The Big Picture by Jenny B. Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jenny B. Jones created a real masterpiece in The Big Picture.

Summery from Goodreads:
Katie is forced to leave the foster family she loves, an endangered town drive-in, and a boyfriend who suddenly can't take his eyes off his ex. As life with her mom takes a serious nosedive, Katie must rely on her faith to keep it together.

I really enjoyed this book. It was, dare I say, better than the first two books in this series and the best of her books I have read. I really thought it brought everything together in a serious, funny, sad, happy, emotional book.

Katie really grew up in this book. She learned AGAIN how to live by her self, and how there is a different between poor and being deprived. She also learned how friends are great and about how hard long distance relationships are.

I really liked all of the characters in this book. Katie's mom is a selfish druggie who just wants Katie back, but doesn't want to take care of her. Katie grows up to be a selfless caring young lady, who I really enjoyed reading about. She was sweet, honest, and smart. I liked Charlie's caring character, and Nash's romantic antics.
I especially liked Maxine and Sam, despite how much they annoyed me.

I liked how Jones used the movie theater closing down as a way to show how Katie has changed, and how sometimes people you love don't always agree with you.

I read this book in like two days, it was so good.

The ending of this book was amazing. I mean, it had a dreamy happy ending. It was also amazing how it ended in a conversation between Maxine and Katie, showing how much they have grown to enjoy each other's company.

Overall, this book was amazing on so many levels. It dealt with relationships, religious beliefs, and standing for what you believe in. I give it 4.75 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment