This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Review: Bookishly Ever After

Bookishly Ever After Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bookishly Every After by Isabel Bandeira is an amazingly funny and true book.

Summary from Goodreads:
In a perfect world, sixteen-year-old Phoebe Martins’ life would be a book. Preferably a YA novel with magic and a hot paranormal love interest. Unfortunately, her life probably wouldn’t even qualify for a quiet contemporary.

But when Phoebe finds out that Dev, the hottest guy in the clarinet section, might actually have a crush on her, she turns to her favorite books for advice. Phoebe overhauls her personality to become as awesome as her favorite heroines and win Dev’s heart. But if her plan fails, can she go back to her happy world of fictional boys after falling for the real thing?

I really liked this book. I mean, it is a book about a book lover and it is a romance. What is not to like?

Phoebe was the perfect, and I mean PERFECT protagonist. She was not overly responsible, she was nerdy, and she loved books. I thought the author really know what was going on in the mind of a book lover. I would love to be Pheobe's friend.

I think the reason some people didn't like this book is because it is so cliché. The love triangle and stuff makes it a predictable read. I still liked it. Pheobe was a girl who took advice from books, where there are a lot of love triangles.

There were some good quotes in this book.
"I'm supposed to push a loose strand of hair out of your face, then let my hand linger on your cheek, or isn't that how, like, every other kissing scene in those books you read goes?" He gently tucked that piece of hair behind my ear and let his fingers slide down to tilt my chin up until my eyes met his. "Well?” I mean I wish someone said that to me. That is so sweet.

"like he was an advanced reader copy of the last book in a series" is perfect because you can't find much truer of a simile.

“Too bad real boyfriends aren't as awesome as book boyfriends.” Yep, so true.

"I had a to-read pile about as tall as me back home, but I'd never say no to a bookstore." I loved this one, because it is so me.

Overall, this is an adorable and funny romance, that ending bookishly every after!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment