This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Review: It's Not Summer Without You

It's Not Summer Without You It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is ok.

Summery from Goodreads:
Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?

It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

I already wrote a pretty decent version of this review once, but accidentally deleted it by closing the tab before it was done. Needless to say, this might seem brief. I give my apologies ahead of time. :)

I thought most of the characters in this book were seriously depressed. I get that Susannah had just died, but everyone stayed in a complete slump.

I thought that the characters had a lot of potential. Jeremiah was a sweet sensible boy who really loved Belly. Conrad was a more outgoing and adventurous boy who Belly liked. Meanwhile, Belly is stuck trying to find Conrad and keep Jeremiah from getting his feelings hurt.

The love triangle in here was pretty bad. I did lot like how Belly could not make up her mind, and just led the brothers on. That is the thing I don't like about Jenny Han's books; they all revolve around a love triangle.

This book switched between multiple perspectives, which confused me. I couldn't sometimes figure out who was talking, and had to look back. It did, however, add more depth to the story.

There were also many redeeming qualities in this book. Conrad shows a lot of character growth. I liked the character of Belly's mom, and the scenes with her. This book also kept my attention fairly well.

Overall, this is a decent romance book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment