This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Review: We'll Always Have Summer

We'll Always Have Summer We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

We'll Always Have Summer is a good college romance.

Summery from Goodreads:
It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.

First of all, I believe that this should be a na novel, not a ya. It is a college romance and is a bit more advanced (with the marriage and all) that I felt it should be a YA/NA novel. Just a thought, Jenny Han.

I did not like how Belly went for Jeremiah. You could tell that Belly didn't love him, and was just leading me on. It was bugging me and making me dislike her. I did think that Jeremiah loved Belly, which made it more confusing. The romance wasn't really there.

In the same way, I felt so bad for Jeremiah when Belly started going places with Conrad. It was obvious that Conrad and Belly were dating behind Jeremiah's back, and therefore she was cheating. The scenes with Conrad and Belly were pretty romantic though, but they were wrong.

The ending was a little dramatic, but it did have a happy ending. It was the best part of the book, but kind of corny.

I couldn't believe that they were getting married at age 19. It was a little unreal, considering Belly had no real idea what she was doing with her life, and no job (I think she quit her job).

Overall, this book is a decent college romance about marriage in the traditional Jenny Han style.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment