This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, September 9, 2016

Review: Kissing in America

Kissing in America Kissing in America by Margo Rabb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kissing in America is a cute and relatable book.

Summary from Goodreads:
In the two years since her father died, 16-year-old Eva has found comfort in reading romance novels --- 118 of them, to be exact --- to dull the pain of her loss that's still so present. Her romantic fantasies become a reality when she meets Will, who understands Eva's grief. Unfortunately, after Eva falls head over heels for him, he picks up and moves to California without any warning. Not wanting to lose the only person who has been able to pull her out of sadness --- and, perhaps, her shot at real love --- Eva and her best friend, Annie, concoct a plan to travel to the West Coast to see Will again. As they road trip across America, Eva and Annie confront the complex truth about love.

I found Eva to be really realistic. I love reading romance novels, because they make me feel better about my problems. I loved Eva's emotions and felt them as I read.

Will was a very sweet character, but he seemed a little too Mr. Perfect. First of all, there was the love at first site aspect. That irked me, but it wasn't that bad. I also thought that Will was a little too into Eva and everything about her. Tht made the ending perfect.

Onto the ending: I loved it. It was kind of a perfect ending, but in a good way. Janet (the aunt) really grew on Eva and I loved it. This book portrayed romance differently than many other books.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment