This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Monday, December 19, 2016

Review: Between the Lines

Between the Lines Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Between the Lines was an adorable fantasy/realistic fiction mashup.

Summary from Goodreads:
Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.
And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.


I loved this book on almost every level. It was very fluffy, yet hard to put down. This was my first Jodi Picoult book, and it really didn't disappoint. It was a book I wasn't sure whether I wanted to read because I am not a huge fantasy or fairy tale fan. I was also skeptical of what a realistic fiction/fantasy mashup would look like. What it turned out to be was a cute book. I read it is like one day, because it was easy and sweet.

I totally could relate to Delilah. Books were her solace and her comfort. When I was younger, I was like her and had a few comfort books. Except for the fact that for her, it's only one comfort book. This book is "Between The Lines." Delilah reads this child fairy tale almost every day. It is just for fun, until one day when a book from the character starts talking to Delilah. She realizes that the characters have lives of their own, and are like involuntary actors.

The boy she is talking about is Oliver. Oliver is sweet, caring, and perfect. I don't know what is is that makes me love him, but I just do. He is also patient with Delilah when they are trying to get out of the book.

The only complaint that I have is that I think they spent a little too much time figuring out how to get Ollie out of the book. They also resolved the book pretty quickly.

Overall, this was a great, sweet, YA fairy tale that gave me happy feelings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment