This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, January 13, 2017

Review: Jesse's Girl

Jesse's Girl Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jesse's Girl was a great book about love and music.

Summary from Goodreads:
Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya Henry said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she’d get to shadow *the* Jesse Scott, Nashville’s teen idol.

But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He’s as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he’s accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya’s lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse’s pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya’s playing back up to other people’s dreams. Does she have what it takes to follow her heart—and go solo?

I really like Miranda Kenneally's work, and this was no exception. It was fun to read and kept me hooked.

I enjoyed Maya's character. She didn't like all teen idols and was funny and sarcastic. When she met Jesse, she was very hesitant at first, she didn't like him, or his additude. But she warmed up to him very quickly.

Jessie's character was awesome. He was honestly a nice guy and so sweet. He really honestly cared about Maya, and didn't want to make her hate him.

Together, May and Jessie embarked on a sweet journey, totally skipping the schedule set for them and instead doing what they wanted to do. I loved how this book was paced, and how all of the activities were perfectly described.

I loved how we saw some characters from other Miranda Kenneally books in this book. Sam from Catching Jordan was Maya's older brother, and played a pretty good part. My favorite returning character was Jordan herself, who was Sam's live-in girlfriend.

The romance was great, and I thought it was innocent. It was a perfect read to keep me reading. I really liked many things about it, and can't wait to continue the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment