This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Review: Millie Hardiman and the Red Parrot Fever

Millie Hardiman and the Red Parrot Fever Millie Hardiman and the Red Parrot Fever by Eddie Owens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Millie Hardiman and the Red Parrot Fever is a really interesting and fun book.

Millie is a thirteen girl with a big imagination. As a girl with a wild imagination myself, I could relate to her and her crazy stories. Millie liked to scare people with her stories, which I found was hilarious. She would make up stories to see peoples reactions.
I may have been able to relate to Millie with her imagination, but she was a real troublemaker. I know it was meant to be that way, but her shenanigans irked me.

I liked how Millie had a strong group of friends that were like her, yet all different in her own ways. The one friend that stood out to me was Chunk, and I really liked her character structure.

I liked how Millie was taught lessons about responsibility, and how she got punished for doing things she shouldn't have been doing.

The story really picked up when Millie started writing T.V. shows. It was a little unrealistic, but it was still really fun to read about. I liked some of the things they talked about during the T.V. parts of the book.

The writing style in this book was good and really creative. It was very descriptive, and added a lot to this story.

Overall this is a good middle grade book. I would recommend it for any middle grade girl with a big imagination.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment