This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Review: Through the Glass

Through the Glass Through the Glass by Kira Moericke
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

I RECIEVED THIS BOOK FROM THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.  THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

Wow! I really enjoyed this young adult suspense novel.

Summary:
Sara Hansen is just a typical teenage girl. One day, while getting ice cream at a nearby restaurant, she get abducted and locked into an unfamiliar place. This place has see through mirrors, and her captors aren't going to let her go. Sara is locked up with her little sister, and a boy named Maxwell. Will they get out?

This book is by a debut author, and it is amazing. It was really descriptive and fast paced. Kira Moerinke has a knack for capturing the little details, and making the story more engaging.

I am not usually a fan of suspense novels. They are too dramatic and sometimes scary for me, but this one kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was a short book and only took me a few hours to read.

I loved Sara's character. She was sweet, temperamental, and caring. She always put her little sister, Lynne, first. Maxwell was also a good character. He was kind of guarded, but also kind. The relationship between Sara and Maxwell was perfect, and I really would have liked to see how the relationship continued.

This book was filled with great descriptions, but I felt it lacked a few feelings. Sara sometimes seemed like she didn't feel much, which was kind of unrealistic for a teenage girl who was forced into a new environment.

The ending was a cliffhanger, and it left me wanting the 2nd book so badly. I can't wait to see what happens next in this mystery of who the captors were.

Overall, this was a great book about suspense and love. I give it a 4.5

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment