This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Review: What Light

What Light What Light by Jay Asher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What Light was an okay book about a Christmas tree farm.

Summary from Goodreads:
Sierra's family runs a Christmas tree farm in Oregon—it's a bucolic setting for a girl to grow up in, except that every year, they pack up and move to California to set up their Christmas tree lot for the season. So Sierra lives two lives: her life in Oregon and her life at Christmas. And leaving one always means missing the other.

Until this particular Christmas, when Sierra meets Caleb, and one life eclipses the other.

By reputation, Caleb is not your perfect guy: years ago, he made an enormous mistake and has been paying for it ever since. But Sierra sees beyond Caleb's past and becomes determined to help him find forgiveness and, maybe, redemption. As disapproval, misconceptions, and suspicions swirl around them, Caleb and Sierra discover the one thing that transcends all else: true love.

I wanted to read this because I was still in the holiday spirit. I thought it would be a cute and fun read. I was kind of disappointed.

Sierra was kind of a whiny character. She was spoiled and way too focused on live. I found her as a not so great main character.
Caleb wasn't my favorite either. He was kind of mysterious I did like how respectfully he treated Sierra.

The romance was okay, but not the greatest. They were hiding their love. I thought the dates they went on were also kind of strange. The date seemed to drag, and made the book slow.

I thought the Christmas tree part was cute, and the best part of the story. It was a fun setting that I hoped would have been a bigger part of the book.

Overall this was an okay book about a Christmas romance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment