This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Friday, February 10, 2017

Review: House Arrest

House Arrest House Arrest by K.A. Holt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

House Arrest by K.A Holt was a good book in verse.

Summary from Goodreads:
Stealing is bad.
Yeah.
I know.
But my brother Levi is always so sick, and his medicine is always so expensive.

I didn’t think anyone would notice,
if I took that credit card,
if, in one stolen second,
I bought Levi’s medicine.

But someone did notice.
Now I have to prove I’m not a delinquent, I’m not a total bonehead.

That one quick second turned into
juvie
a judge
a year of house arrest,
a year of this court-ordered journal,
a year to avoid messing up
and being sent back to juvie
so fast my head will spin.

It’s only 1 year.
Only 52 weeks.
Only 365 days.
Only 8,760 hours.
Only 525,600 minutes.

What could go wrong?

Tim was a very cute 12 year old boy. He is very family oriented, and he especially loved his little brother. So he made an impulse decision, and stole money to buy his brother medicine This gets him a year of "house arrest." He can't leave the house except for appointments and school.

This book is written as a journal in verse. It is filled wit so many emotions, both good and bad. I like the unique perspective, and how real the emotions feel. I also love Tim's descriptions of people he meets. Even though he is basically imprisoned, he maintains a sense of humor and emotion that makes him loveable.

I loved the ending of the book. It was really fast paced and sweet. The raging emotions were great, and I was engrossed in the story.

Overall, I definitely recommend this book. It is a good but easy read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment