This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Review: Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend by Louise Rozett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend was a mediocre book.

Summary from goodreads:
Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...

...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.

When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.

I really didn't care for this book. I thought that the first one in the series had a lot of drama, but this one was worse. I am pretty sure that I will never read the final book in the series.

There was a lot of drama and love trouble in this book. I really didn't like that, and it annoyed me to read it.

Rose's character was the most redeeming quality of this book. She was portrayed as a true teenage. She went through tough times, and could be a drama queen. Rose was a very rounded character, and the best part of the book.

Jamie was also a drama queen, but not so much in a good way. I am usually not one for the "bad boys" in books, but he seemed different somehow. I thought he was very sweet.

I liked to see how Rose had family trouble. Her mother refused to acknowledge that her dad had died, and her brother was getting high with a girl. Seeing this made me relate more to Rose, because she was just a teenager.

Overall, this book had a okay plot but a great narrator.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment