This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Review: When It Happens

When It Happens When It Happens by Susane Colasanti
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When It Happens by Susane Colasanti is an ordinary and somewhat cheesy book.

Summary from Goodreads:
At the start of her senior year in high school, Sara wants two things: to get into a top college and to find true love. Tobey also wants two things for his senior year: to win Battle of the Bands and to make Sara fall in love with him. However, a popular jock named Dave moves in on Sara first. But Tobey’s quirky wit and big blue eyes are hard for Sara to ignore. Plus, he gets the little things that matter to her. Can a slacker rock-star wannabe win the heart of a pretty class brain like Sara?

This review will be short and sweet. I was expecting this amazing novel about first love, and hoped Susane Colasanti lived up to her hype. What I ended up with was a sappy and ordinary story of the generic bad boy and goody-goody girl falling in love. There was some drama between them, but it all worked out. There were some redeeming things about this book, I just didn't really like it.

Overall, this book really surprised me, and not in a good way. The writing was blah and the plot was generic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment