This blog is basically about the books I read. If you like it, please subscribe. It would also mean a lot if you could also tell me your opinion in the contact form.
Enjoy!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Review: Meant to Be

Meant to Be Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Meant to Be is a sweet contemporary romance.

Summary from Goodreads:
It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for - gasp - the wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's the queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her ... well, pocket. Julia also believes in fate, and that Mark, her childhood crush, is her MTB - her meant-to-be.

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts ... from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to live a little along the way. And thus begins a wild-good chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

I wanted to read this book because I loved the author's other book, Being Sloane Jacobs. Meant to Be looked like another sweet romance. It was so much different, yet so similar.

I thought Julia was an okay character. She seemed way to uptight to be a teenager. I don't think I have ever seen one THAT uptight. I mean, there are try-hards, but Julia was just crazy obsessed with being in control of everything. I could relate to her not wanting to break the rules and go to parties, but it seemed kind of unrealistic. Julia never really stood her ground like a mature teenager should. She was also kind of nuts about her MTB Mark. She has barely ever talked to the dude and she still believes that he is her one true love. Once, she starts breaking rules, she is just stupid about it. I mean, who would seriously keep texting this stranger that you gave your number to at a party? Overall, Julia seemed very planned and one sided.

Jason was Julia's polar opposite. He was a party boy, and not afraid to break the rules. He was funny to read about, but seemed a little too daring. He was inconsiderate and didn't care if he got it trouble. However, I did see his sweet side and his appeal.

The whole Paris setting really added to the book. It gave it a plot structure, and made it more than just a love triangle.

I loved the irony in this book. It seemed like it was written just as a lesson, and it worked.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment